Liberon Palette Wood Dye – Water Based Wood Stain
- Water based wood stain for interior wood work
- Suitable for use on floors
- Suitable for use on both hard and soft woods
- Leaves the grain visible
- EN 71 approved – safe for toys
- Endorsed by the Guild of Master Craftsmen
- Can be mixed with Liberon Natural Finish Varnishes
- We supply all colours – Ebony, Georgian Mahogany, Victorian Mahogany, Light Oak, Medium Oak, Dark Oak, Tudor Oak, Antique Pine, Teak, Walnut, Yew and White
- Available in 250ml or 500ml.
Liberon Palette Wood Dye / Wood Stain is ideal for dying and colouring all interior bare wood work around the home, whilst leaving the natural beauty of the grain visible. Palette Wood Dyes are suitable for both soft and hard wood and are EN 71 Part 3 Approved – safe for toys. Quick and uniform results can be achieved on large and small surfaces such as furniture, floors, doors, cupboards, frames and toys. Liberon Palette Wood Dyes are easy to use and come in a range of wood shades. The different colours can be mixed to vary the shade.
How to use Liberon Palette Wood Dye
- Ensure the surface is thoroughly sanded, bare and free from dust.
- Shake well before use. If more than one tin of dye is required to complete the work, mix the tins of dye together to ensure a uniform colour.
- Apply the Palette Wood Dye fairly quickly along the grain using a foam applicator or brush. Wipe off excess with a clean, dry, cotton cloth before it dries to even out the colour. On large surfaces such as floors avoid overlap marks by working a small section at a time.
- A second coat may be applied after 2 hours if a stronger colour is required. More than two coats of dye may affect the final finish.
- Liberon Palette Wood Dye may be added to Liberon Natural Finish Interior Varnish or a large range of coloured, water based varnishes. It can also be applied before polishing or waxing to achieve a uniform colour.
Always test product on a spare or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
Different types of wood produce different results. The colour bar may not be a true representation of the actual colour.
Each 250 ml will cover approximately 2-4 m2
Please note –
- Do not mix a water based dye with a spirit based dye.
- Wear gloves to avoid staining skin.
- Caution must be taken when using water based finishes over Liberon Palette Wood Dye. Keep brush strokes to a minimum as over brushing may lift out the colour.
- Do not allow to freeze.
- Clean tools using water.
Heath and Safety
Keep out of the reach of children. Do not empty into drains. Use only in well-ventilated areas.