Nitromors Paint and Varnish Remover comes in a non-drip gel formula that removes most paints, varnishes & lacquers. It can be used on wood, metal and masonry, is super strength and Water and solvent washable. It is green coloured so you can see where you have applied the solution and is dichloromethane free formula.
How to use Nitromors Paint and Varnish Remover
- Pour into a suitable container and replace screw cap immediately.
- Apply a thick coat with a dabbing action (2 – 3mm). Do not brush out.
- Only apply Nitromors to areas up to 0.5m sq m.
- Once paint has blistered (5-10 mins) apply second coat, working into the blistered paint.
- Leave up to 40 minutes.
- If dried out re-apply.
- Remove blistered and softened paint with a scraper. In difficult areas use an old nylon toothbrush.
- Repeat as necessary.
- For ingrained paint rub with wire wool dipped in Nitromors.
- Wash off with detergent in cold water and a nylon scourer or use white spirit and wire wool to avoid raising the grain on fine or laminated woods.
- Allow to dry thoroughly and rub down with fine sandpaper or wire wool prior to refinishing.
Please note –
Extinguish all ignition sources (fires, boilers, cookers, pilot lights etc.) DO NOT SMOKE
Wear suitable protective gloves and safety goggles.
Wherever possible work outside. Otherwise ensure maximum ventilation by opening windows and doors. A fan can be used to assist airflow. Do not use in enclosed spaces, e.g. cellars, floor wells etc. Without adequate ventilation, formation of Highly Flammable and possibly explosive vapour concentrations may occur.
Protect surrounding areas and items not to be stripped with a polythene sheet.
Not suitable for removing paint from plastics & GRP
Store container in cool dry place, do not allow to rust
Do not use in direct sunlight
Particularly effective in removing ABS, styrene polymers, rubbers and adhesive elastomers. Not suitable for removing paints applied to these substrates. For use on plastics of unknown composition check compatibility in small inconspicuous area.
Coverage 2 litres covers up to 5msq (approx. 3 door sides)
CLEANING UP: Collect waste in newspaper, leave outside in safe place until dry. Dispose of in a dustbin. Clean tools etc. in warm soapy water and avoid contact with plastic sinks or baths.
CAUTION: HIGHLY FLAMMABLE
IMPORTANT: Surfaces may have been painted in the past with lead based paint (used prior to 1960). Special care must be taken when removing lead based paint.
Do not sand
Health and safety
Danger – Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Causes serious eye damage. May cause damage to organs. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Do not breathe vapour/ spray. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection. Wash contaminated skin thoroughly after handling. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Contains – 1,3-dioxolane, Methanol