Liberon Steel Wool – 1 Kg
• High quality steel wire wool for cleaning and preparing wood and metal finishes
• 0000 wire wool, Ideal for applying wax polishes
• Crumble resistant and virtually oil free
• Flexible abrasive
• Grade 3 – 4, Ideal for use with paint strippers to remove previous finishes.
• Approved by the Guild of Master Craftsmen
How to use Liberon Steel Wool
Liberon Steel Wire Wool is produced using a high quality steel to create crumble and dust resistant wool that is virtually oil free.
Liberon Steel Wool is available in 7 grades from Ultra Fine 0000 through a range of Fine to Medium 00, 0, 1 and Medium to Coarse 2, 3 and 4.
1. For cleaning and Polishing delicate surfaces, including applying wax we would recommend to use Grade 0000
This can also be used to cut back between coats of French Polishes, varnishes, paint and oil finishes.
0000 is also ideal to clean and polish metals such as bronze, copper, chrome, stainless steel and aluminium
You can use 0000 with soapy water to clean and polish porcelain, marble and glass without marking
2. for light cleaning and surface preparation, we would recommend Grade 00, 0 and 1.
This can be used with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover to remove built-up wax polish, smoke and dirt on wood
It can also be used to clean, smooth and prepare wood or metal surfaces before re-polishing, waxing, varnishing or painting. This grade is also ideal for use with a suitable solvent for light to medium cleaning of all metals.
3. For heavy cleaning, paint and varnish removal we would recommend Grade 2, 3 and 4.
This can be used with Liberon Fine Wood Stripper to remove softened French polish, varnishes, lacquers and paints from wood and metal surfaces. This grade is also ideal to remove rust.
Important: Always test products on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for compatibility and end results. If you are unsure on the grade needed, always start with a finer grade and work your way up to a harsher grade.
Heath and Safety
To avoid cuts never tear steel wool with your hands, cut to size with scissors and always protect your hands with gloves when handling.
Steel Wool is highly flammable. Keep away from all sources of fires, sparks and electricity, including static electricity. In the event of fire, extinguish steel wool with water, away from electricity. Keep out of reach of children.