Liberon Wax and Polish Remover
- Removes wax and grime and cleans all interior wood
- Suitable for use on French polishes, Varnish, Lacquer and Oil finishes
- Easy to use
- Leaves the surface ready for re-finishing
- Wax and Polish Remover is available in 250 ml or 500 ml containers.
- Endorsed by the Guild of Master Craftsmen
Liberon Wax and Polish Remover removes old wax, dirt, smoke and everyday grime from antique and modern wood furniture. It also works on interior wood work including doors, beams, dado rails, and banisters without harming the original finish and patina. This unique formula should not lift veneers or raise the grain, making it suitable for even the most delicate surfaces. Use to remove built-up layers or wax which may be causing a haze or bloom on the surface. This is ideal for preparing before re-waxing or polishing but for best results we would recommend using Priory polish reviver as this will remove the old dirt and grime but it also revives the finish and adds a depth to the sheen of wood.
How to use Liberon Wax and Polish Remover
- For best results soak a pad of Liberon Ultra Fine Steel Wool (0000) in Wax and Polish Remover, squeeze out the excess and gently wash the surface going with the grain where possible.
- Allow a few minutes for the Wax and Polish Remover to work, then while the surface is still wet use a clean lint-free cloth to wipe off all the old softened wax.
- Repeat this process until all the old wax is removed.
- Allow 24 hours for the treated surface to dry completely before re-finishing.
- Re-finish and protect the wood with a good quality wax finish.
Please note – This product may lift newly applied French polishes, lacquers, varnishes and sealers. Always test product first on a spare surface or inconspicuous area to check colour, compatibility and end results. Wear suitable heavy duty gloves. Do not pour into plastic containers or use on plastic or vinyl surfaces. Dispose of used steel wool and cotton cloths outside to reduce vapour build-up and fire hazard. Do not use on water based varnish.
Health and Safety
Harmful. Contains aliphatic solvents. Flammable. Irritating to eyes. Harmful: may cause lung damage if swallowed. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not empty into drains. Use only in well ventilated areas. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting: seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.