Liberon Fine Wood Stripper removes old paint and Varnish finishes from wood and metal. It is kind to wood and most fragile surfaces as no heavy scrapping is required. The easy to use as the non-drip gel formula clings to the surface making it ideal for vertical surfaces. This is perfect for the preparation of removing old finishes ready for French polishing or waxing.
For a guide on stripping furniture, please see here.
How to use Liberon Fine Wood Stripper
- Shake well before use.
- Apply a generous coat of Liberon Fine Wood Stripper using a paint brush.
- Allow the wood stripper to work and penetrate for five to thirty minutes.
- Remove dissolved finish using a Liberon Plastic Scraper, or Steel Wool Grade 1 to 3 for carved areas. It may be necessary to repeat the process if more than one finish is to be removed.
- Once all the finish has been removed, neutralise by cleaning with Wax and Polish Remover or white spirit.
- Leave to dry for 24 hours then rub down gently using Liberon Ultra Fine (0000) Steel Wool or extra fine sanding paper.
- The surface is now ready for a new finish including a wax finish or French polish.
Please note –
Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
Do not use in direct sunlight. Avoid contact with vinyl and synthetic surfaces.
Important: Always test product first on a spare or inconspicuous surface for compatibility and end result.
The 500 ml containers will cover approximately 2m² .
Health and Safety
Highly flammable. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness. Keep out of the reach of children. Keep away from sources of ignition – No smoking. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. Do not empty into drains. Take precautionary measure against static discharges. If swallowed seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Contains benzothiazol-2-ylthio succinic acid. May cause an allergic reaction.