Osmo Door Oil is ideal for protecting interior doors made of solid wood and comes in a clear satin or raw. It is a clear or transparent wood finish that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Osmo Door Oil is resistant to dirt, water and abrasion and smoothens the surface. It offers simple application with no primer or sanding between coats needed, this saves time and money. It is suitable for wood, the micro-porous surface will not crack, peel, flake or blister. It is resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water acc. German DIN 68861-1C – no water spots. The dry finish is safe for humans, animals and plants (resistant to saliva and perspiration acc. German DIN 53160, suitable for children‘s toys acc. EN 71.3). Osmo door oil is ideal for the protection of solid and some selected veneered wood interior doors (please consult door manufacturers’ recommendations). It is based on natural plant oils (sunflower oil, soybean oil, thistle oil) and waxes, paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water- repellent additives.
How to use Osmo Door Oil
- The wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
- Osmo Door Oil is ready to use. Do not thin.
- Shake well before use.
- Clean old micro-porous stains thoroughly.
- Old paints, varnishes and lacquers must be completely removed.
- Always wear a dust mask while sanding. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes with a wood Filler.
- Sand wood surfaces carefully.
- Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding P120-150 for solid wood doors.
- Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
- If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
- Apply with Osmo Flat Brush and apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and spread well.
- Allow for good ventilation while drying.
- After drying, apply a second coat – also thinly.
- Clean tools using Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
- The drying time is approximately 24 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/50 % rel. humidity).
- Ventilate well while drying.
- Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity may increase drying times.
- The coverage for 1 coat is 24 m²/1 l. It depends significantly on the character of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/cut surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to deviations in coverage.
- Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time.
- Oils enhance the natural tone of wood
- 3060 offers a permanent wet-look-effect
- 3033 Raw counteracts exactly this effect and protects wood almost invisibly. The original look of the wood can be kept – no emphasising of the natural colour of the wood (no wet-look-effect).
- On dark/reddish wood species the Door Oil 3033 Raw can be seen as a faintly white surface.
- A trial application is recommended.
- Storage: 5 years and longer if stored in the closed original can. If thickened by frost, store at room temperature for 24 hours prior to use
- Dispose of leftover product and completely emptied packaging according to local official guidelines (waste code number 08 01 12). Only completely emptied cans can be recycled.
Health and safety
Keep out of reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an airtight container (danger of self-ignition). The dried finish is classified as B2 (normal flammability) according to DIN 4102 regulations. This product contains max. 400 g/l VOC. Detailed declaration of ingredients available upon request. Technical Data: Specific gravity: 0.90-1.3 g/cm³ Viscosity: >70s DIN EN ISO 2431/3 mm, viscid Odour: faint/mild, odourless after drying Flashpoint: > 61 °C, acc.
Safety Data Sheets