Liberon Shellac Filler Sticks are a traditional repair stick used to fill surface blemishes, such as small holes and cracks before finishing with French polishing, lacquer or varnish. Liberon Shellac Filler Sticks are suitable for use on finished and unfinished woods and are available in three colour tones, light, medium and dark. The Shades can be blended together to give a perfect match and they set very hard once used.
How to use Liberon Shellac Filler Sticks
- Ensure the area you are applying is clean and dry.
- This is usually used once you have stripped and sanded the surface before application of polish, but can be used on finished surfaces with care.
- Melt the Liberon Shellac filler Stick with a hot iron or soldering iron and run the shellac into the damaged area, cracks and chips etc.
- Allow to harden and then remove any excess with a scraper or sharp knife.
- Lightly buff and then sand to a smooth finish.
- The wood will then be ready to be finished with a French polish, wood lacquer or varnish.
Please note –
Not for use under a cellulose based finishes. As these sticks are hard, they can occasionally snap or break in the post but they are still perfectly usable and unfortunately we cannot offer a refund because of this.