Liberon Natural Finish Interior Varnish is a hardwearing and long lasting water-based varnish. It is highly resistant to scratches and stains; it is also suitable for protecting and maintaining the natural look of your timber. Liberon Natural Finish Interior Varnish can be used on all modern and antique furniture including interior woodwork, such as skirting boards, doors, work surfaces and panelling. It has a non-yellowing and quick drying formula, suitable for interior softwood and hardwood surfaces.
How to use Liberon Natural Finish Interior Varnish
1. Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from any dust, dirt or any other surfaces contaminants.
2. Sand the wood using a fine sanding paper, pad or wire wool to a smooth finish.
3 . If you wish to stain the wood, for best results apply to the timber before varnishing and ensure it is fully dry. You can apply Liberon Palette Wood Dye to the timber or alternatively Liberon Palette Wood Dye may be added to the varnish to create unique colour tones.
4. Allow the wood dye to dry for a minimum of eight hours before applying Natural Finish Interior Varnish.
5. Care must be taken on the application of the first coat of Varnish when being used over Wood stain, keep brush strokes to a minimum as over brushing may lift out the colour.
6. Stir the Liberon varnish well before use. Apply a coat of varnish evenly using a soft hair paint brush or short hair roller and allow drying for a minimum of two hours before applying further coats.
7. We recommend a minimum of three coats are applied, sanding lightly between applications if required.
8. More coats may be required for items which are in heavy use. Allow the final application of varnish to dry for the minimum of 24 hours before use.
Always test the product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
For maintenance, wipe up any spills immediately. For general maintenance wipe over with a damp cloth using a mild detergent if required. If the surface shows signs of wear lightly sand and re-apply a coat of varnish.
The varnish may raise the grain on some hardwoods.
Natural Finish Interior Varnish is not suitable for applying over an oil-based finish.
On furniture why not finish using a good quality furniture wax for that beautiful finishing touch.
1 Litre will cover approximately 10 – 12 m2
Heath and Safety
Keep out of the reach of children. Do not empty into drains. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Do not allow to
freeze. VOC information – EU limit value for Natural Finish Interior Varnish (CatA/I): 140 g/L (2007) / 140 g/L (2010). Natural Finish Interior Varnish contains Max 0.5 g/L VOC.