Liberon Finishing Oil 250ml & 1L is a blend of high quality oils for use on all interior woods and furniture. Liberon Finishing Oil is used to nourish and enhance the natural colour of the wood and it is suitable for the use on kitchen tables and bathroom furniture. It is for use on all types of bare woods and can also be applied to cork, stone and terracotta. It produces a beautiful matt, satin or gloss finish depending upon the number of coats applied and can be used to produce a hard wearing and water-resistant finish.
How to use Liberon Finishing Oil
1. Ensure the wood is bare with no previous finish and is clean, dry and dust free. Remove any wax finishes with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover and any varnish finishes with Liberon Fine Wood Stripper.
2. If required stain the wood with Liberon Palette Wood Dye before oiling.
4. Allow the oil to penetrate for up to 10 minutes then wipe off any excess with a clean lint-free cloth. The excess must be removed before the surface dries or it can become sticky.
5. Allow the finish to fully dry for a minimum of six hours and apply more coats as required.
6. We recommend a minimum of three coats. The more coats applied the higher the sheen and the more durable the finish will be.
7. For best results gently rub with Ultra Fine Steel Wool (Grade 0000) between coats.
8. Furniture may be finished with a good quality Wax Finish for a beautiful finish.
To get an indication of how the wood will look once oiled, test a similar piece of wood or discrete area by applying a wet cloth to the bare wood.
Maintenance once Complete
1. If waxed, just re-wax when necessary.
2. If finished using oil only, Surfaces may be cleaned using a damp cloth and spills should be wiped up immediately. For stubborn stains a mild detergent can be used. Surfaces need to be re-oiled once a year or more, depending upon
Important – Store Liberon Finishing Oil above 5°C. Always replace the lid when not in use. Oily cloths can self-combust so do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles. Before discarding the cloths lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard. If the excess is not removed and the surface becomes sticky, wipe with white spirit to remove the sticky film and allow drying fully before continuing.
Health and Safety
Flammable. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not empty into drains. Use only in well-ventilated areas. If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Contains cobalt compound and methylehtylketoxime. May produce an allergic reaction.