Liberon Superior Danish Oil is a blend of pure, high quality Tung oil and natural oils that feed, enhance and protect woods. It is suitable for most hard woods and soft woods and can be used for both interior and exterior use. Liberon Superior Danish Oil is penetrating oil that brings out the natural grain of the timber and provides a satin to gloss sheen. It comes with UV filters to help prevent discolouration from the sunlight and is a quick drying formula. Liberon Danish Oil comes with the added premium of being water, heat and alcohol resistant, so is ideal for outdoor garden furniture.
How to use Liberon Superior Danish Oil
For Interior woodwork
2. If required stain the wood with Liberon Palette Wood Dye before oiling.
3. Shake well before use. Apply with a soft brush and allow penetrating for at least ten minutes before wiping off any excess with a cloth.
4. Now let it dry for a minimum of six hours and then you can apply more coats if required.
5. We recommend a minimum of two to three coats.
6. For best results gently rub between each coat with our Fine 0000 Steel Wool.
7. If you are applying in more wet areas like bathrooms and Kitchens, you will need to apply more coats of Liberon Superior Danish Oil to make sure of sufficient protection.
8. Once dry and fully cured the wood may be cleaned using a damp cloth and spills should be wiped up immediately. You should re oil at least once per year for more for long term protection. Clean off any surface grime, moulds etc. (sand if required) before re-oiling.
For exterior woodwork
1. For exterior woodwork, ensure the surface is clean, dry, unfinished and free from mould etc.
2. Apply the same as above but ensure you apply the minimum of five coats.
3. Exposed areas will require many more coats for extra protection. Exterior timbers need to be oiled on a regular basis, we recommend at least twice a year but lightly sand before re application.
4. Once complete, Surfaces may be cleaned using a damp cloth and spills should be wiped up immediately. For stubborn stains a mild detergent can be used. Surfaces need to be re-oiled at least once per year or more, depending upon usage.
Always test the product on spare surface of inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result. Always follow manufacturer’s instruction.
Please Note –
Liberon Superior Danish Oil may darken some woods and blackening may occur on some external timbers. Oil finishes bring out the natural colours of timber. A wet surface will be an indication of the final colour. Store Superior Danish Oil at a temperature above 5°C and always replace the lid when not in use. Do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles as Oily cloths can self-combust. Before discarding the cloths lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard. Superior Danish Oil is not suitable for use on external Oak, Pure Tung Oil is recommended for this purpose. If the excess is not removed and the surface becomes sticky, wipe with white spirit to remove the sticky film and allow to dry before continuing. The oil can deteriorate over time.
Each 1 Litre will cover approximately 10-12 m2
Clean tools with White Spirit
Heath and Safety
Flammable. Harmful: May cause lung damage if swallowed. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or
cracking. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with skin or eyes. Do not empty into drains. Use only
in well-ventilated areas. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting: seek medical advice immediately and show this
container or label. Contains cobalt compound. May cause an allergic reaction.