Liberon Hard Wax Oil is ideal for making a natural water-resistant finish to wood floors and furniture. Liberon Hard Wax Oil has been made using a blend of high quality tung oil and carnauba wax and this offer superb protection to interior wooden surfaces, whilst maintaining the natural look of the wood. It creates a durable barrier on soft and hardwoods against water, stains, heat, dirt and daily wear and tear. This hardwax oil is especially suited to humid environments such as kitchens and bathrooms, but can be used anywhere in the home. This quality product will provide a long-lasting, smooth and low-odour finish that is food safe. Hard Wax Oil can be applied to bare wood or previously oiled wood.
How to use Liberon Hard Wax Oil
- The wood must be bare, clean and dry with no previous finish.
- Remove all old varnish, paint or wax with stripper or sand the surface back to bare wood.
- Clean and remove all dust before application.
- For previously oiled wood: Sand lightly with 240 grit paper and remove all dust.
- For Bare wood: Clean and sand lightly with 240 grit paper and remove all dust.
- Stir well before use.
- Apply the first coat of hard wax oil, thinly with a brush or roller and leave to dry for 8 hours.
- Once dry, lightly sand with 240 grit paper and remove all dust.
- Apply a second coat and leave to dry for 24 hours.
- Whilst the product is drying, do not allow any textile fibres to come into contact with it.
- COVERAGE – 1 Litre cover aprox. 14 m2
- Clean Tools with water
- Cleaning and maintenance – The treated surface can be washed with mild detergents.
- Important: The final finish can vary depending on the type of wood, especially with hardwoods. Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.
- It is advisable to avoid allowing water to sit on the surface of the treated wood during the immediate 3 weeks after application. This will give the product time to fully cure.
- If a small area becomes worn, sand the area lightly with 240 grit paper and remove all dust. Then apply another coat of Hard Wax Oil to the area and leave to dry for 24 hours.
- Recommended temperature for application: minimum 12°C. Drying time may be increased in cooler conditions.
Health and safety
EUH208: Contains Benzisothiazolinone and methyl ethyl ketoxime. May produce an allergic reaction. P102: Keep out of reach of children. P271: Use only in a well-ventilated area. P501: Dispose of contents/container to a waste collection centre Do not allow to freeze. Oily cloths can self-combust. Do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles. Before discarding lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard.