Liberon Liquid Beeswax with Pure Turpentine is a Clear traditional liquid wax that nourishes the wood and gives an authentic beautiful finish. It has been endorsed by the Guild of Master Craftsmen.
It is ideal for antique furniture, especially antique Pine, Oak or painted furniture. It is also most suited for large surfaces such as doors, panelling and beams. Liberon Liquid Beeswax is suitable for use on softwoods and hardwoods, it particularly nourishes and protects absorbent woods.
How to use Liberon Liquid Beeswax
1. If the wood you are about to Liquid Wax already has a finish on the surface, we highly recommend cleaning the surface first, using Priory Polish Reviver and very fine Wire Wool. This will remove the dirt and grease, ready waxing and will also give you the best sheen whilst adding to the depth of the colour and finish.
2. Shake the tin extremely well before use.
3. Apply the Liquid Wax sparingly with a Buffing Cloth, and allow to become touch dry, this usually takes around six hours but may take longer depending on how warm the area is.
4. Once fully dry, Buff off with a clean buffing cloth or a wax buffing brush on awkward or carved areas.
5. We recommend doing at least two coats but the more thin layers you add, this will enhance the finish and sheen. Always apply thin coats and buff off between coats.
Please note –
In cold temperatures, the Liberon Liquid Wax may thicken. To soften, remove the cap and stand in a bowl of warm / hot water for around five to ten minutes. Replace the cap and shake well.
Once you are happy with the results, for future maintenance simply dust the surface with a lint-free cloth or duster. If the surface starts to look tired simply re-wax again as you can do this as many times as needed.
Please note with all waxes, it is not waterproof so do not wash the finished surface with water or household cleaners and detergents. Do not use spray dusters, simply re-wax when necessary.
Always test in a small inconspicuous area first to ensure you are happy with the results.
Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
Heath and Safety
Flammable. Irritating to eyes and skin. May cause skin sensitisation by skin contact. Harmful to aquatic
organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment. Harmful: may cause lung
damage if swallowed. Keep out of the reach of children. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with
plenty of water and seek medical advice. Do not empty into drains. Wear suitable protective clothing and
gloves. Use only in well ventilated areas. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting: seek medical advice
immediately and show this container or label.