Liberon Teak Oil is a blend of pure, high quality Tung oil and Linseed oil mix. This nourishes, protects and enhances the natural beauty of the wood especially on exotic oily woods. Liberon Teak Oil comes with the added premium of additional UV filters for protection against fading from sunlight. Teak Oil is suitable for interior and exterior use. It works extremely well on hardwoods such as Teak, Rosewood and Iroko. It produces a hard wearing, satin finish and is ideal for use on garden furniture.
How to use Liberon Teak Oil
1. Ensure the wood is bare with no previous finish and is clean, dry and dust free.
2. Apply Liberon Teak Oil either a soft bristle brush or using a lint-free cotton cloth.
3. Leave the Teak oil to penetrate for around 15 – 20 minutes, and then wipe off any excess with a clean lint-free cloth. Failure to wipe off the excess will prevent the further penetration of future coats and can leave a sticky surface.
4. Apply additional coats of Teak oil as needed. The number of coats required will depend on how dry or damaged the wood is.
5. Always leave a minimum of 24 hours between coats and allow the last coat to fully harden before use.
6. We recommend a minimum of three on all timbers. For best results, gently rub the surface with Ultra Fine Steel Wool (Grade 0000) or extra fine abrasive paper between coats. Always use the abrasive paper when working on outdoor furniture.
7. After finish coat is fully hardened, surfaces may be cleaned using a damp cloth and spills should be wiped up immediately. For stubborn stains a mild detergent can be used. Surfaces need to be re-oiled once per year or more, depending upon usage. Oiled external timbers will need regular application, usually the minimum of twice per year.
8. For interior Furniture that has been oiled, you can finish with a good quality Wax Polish (non silicone only) to offer further protection and a smooth finish to your wood. Once waxed only maintain using wax in the future.
To get an indication of how the wood will look once oiled, test a similar piece of wood or discrete area by applying a wet cloth to the bare wood. Always test the product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result. Follow manufacturer’s instructions.
Store Liberon Teak Oil in temperatures above 5°C and always replace the lid when not in use. Oily cloths can self-combust so do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles. Before discarding the cloths lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard. Teak Oil is not suitable for use on external oak, Pure Tung Oil is recommended for this purpose. If the excess is not removed and the surface becomes sticky, wipe with white spirit to remove the sticky film. Allow to dry fully before continuing.
Each 1 Litre covers approximately 10-12 m2
Clean tools with White Spirit.
Heath and Safety
Flammable. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not empty into drains. Use only in well-ventilated areas. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting: seek
medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Contains cobalt compound and
methylehtylketoxime. May produce an allergic reaction.