Osmo Polyx Oil Original Clear has been specifically geared towards the needs of wooden flooring. It offers a clear, glossy to matt wood finish that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Osmo Tints can be used with this product and are available here. Osmo Polyx Oil Original is stain-resistant, water repellent, abrasion-resistant and results in a surface that is pleasant to the touch. In comparison to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates a more even colour and more harmonious appearance. It offers simple application, without primer or intermediate sanding, this saves time and money. It is suitable for wood and the micro porous surface will not crack, peel, flake or blister. It is resistant against wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water in accordance with German DIN 68861-1A – no water spots. The dry finish is safe for humans, animals and plants (resistant to saliva and perspiration acc. German DIN 53160, suitable for children‘s toys acc. EN 71.3).
Osmo Polyx Oil Original is ideal for the protection of all wooden floors, such as solid wood, plank, strip, OSB and cork flooring, as well as furniture surfaces. It is based on natural plant oils and waxes (sunflower oil, soya oil, thistle oil, carnauba wax and candelilla wax), paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzene-free).
How to Use Osmo Polyx Oil Original
- The Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
- Osmo Polyx Oil Original is ready to use. Do not thin.
- Stir well before use.
- Clean old micro porous stains thoroughly.
- Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed.
- As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
- Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood with a Wood Filler.
- Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120- 150, for furniture P180-240.
- Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
- The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
- Apply with an Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Floor Brush.
- Apply thinly along the wood grain and spread well.
- Allow to dry for approx. 8-10 hours under good ventilation.
- After drying, quickly apply a second coat also thinly.
- When renovating or re-coating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
- The Drying time is approximately 8-10 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/ 50 % rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. Ventilate well while drying.
- It will be approximately 2-3 weeks until the the surface is fully cured
1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat. Coverage depends significantly on the condition of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/sanded surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to differences in coverage
Store up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly. If thickened by frost, store for 24-36 hours at room temperature before use
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying. For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
For cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied especially thinly. On cork, longer drying times are to be taken into consideration (at least 24 hours).
Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
Wood surfaces treated with Polyx Oil are easy to maintain. Remove debris with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) mop.
Health and Safety
Keep out of the reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an airtight container (danger of self-ignition). The dried finish is classified as B2 (normal flammability) according to DIN 4102 regulations. Safety data sheet available on request.
Dispose of leftover product and packaging according to local official guidelines (waste code number 08 01 11). Only completely emptied cans can be recycled.
Safety data Sheets