Osmo Wood Wax Extra Thin – 1101 is a clear, satin finish that has been made from natural oils and waxes. Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin, is stain, abrasion, and water resistant. This also produces a smooth surface that is pleasant to the touch. Because this wood wax has been made from natural plant ingredients, it creates a warm balanced colour. It can be used without primer and the microporous surface will not crack, peel, flake or blister. It is resistant against wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water. The dry finish is safe for humans, animals and plants. It is suitable for the protection of wood in indoor areas, from wall panelling, wood flooring, furniture and toys. Due to its water-repelling qualities, it is especially well suited to the use in kitchens and bathrooms.
The ingredients are based on natural plant oils and waxes (sunflower oil, soya oil, thistle oil, carnauba wax and candelilla wax), paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzene-free).
How to use Osmo Wood Wax Extra Thin
- The Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free.
- It is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
- Clean old stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed.
- Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in the wood with Osmo Wood Filler.
- If possible, apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
- Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – The final sanding work for flooring use 120-150. For furniture use P220-240.
- Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
- The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
- Apply the Osmo Wood Wax Extra Thin evenly along the wood grain with Osmo Flat Brush. (final coat use an osmo easy pad)
- For each coat, apply thinly and allow to dry for approx. 30 minutes under good ventilation. Wipe away any excess product.
Osmo Wood Wax Extra Thin is the ideal finish for the following woods –
- South American Walnut
Please note –
- Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
- DRYING TIME Approx. 12 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/ 50 % rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. Ventilate well while drying. COVERAGE 1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat. Coverage depends significantly on the condition of the wood.
- Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time.
- Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
- STORAGE – Up to 5 years and longer if the can is kept dry and closed tightly. If thickened by frost, store for 24-36 hours at room temperature before use.
Health and Safety
Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes or skin. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and turn to a doctor. If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or label. Use only in well ventilated areas. Caution: Wash out any cloth impregnated with this product immediately or store in an airtight container (Danger of self-ignition). The dried finish is classified as B2 (normal flammability) according to DIN 4102 regulations. Safety data sheet available on request.
DISPOSAL Dispose of leftover product and completely emptied packaging according to local official guidelines (waste code number 08 01 11). Only completely emptied cans can be recycled.
Safety Data Sheets