Osmo Wood Wax Finish is made from a combination of natural oils and waxes. This interior finish is stain-resistant, water-repellent, abrasion-resistant and leaves the surface with a nice smooth feel. The micro-porous finish will not crack, peel, flake or blister. It is resistant to wine, beer, cola, tea, fruit juice, milk and water. The dry finish is safe for humans, animals and plants and is also suitable for children‘s toys.
How to use Osmo Wood Wax Finish
- The wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (max. 18% moisture content).
- Osmo Wood Wax Finish is ready to use. Do not thin and stir well before use.
- Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed.
- Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood with Osmo Wood Filler.
- Sand the wood surface carefully, begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P220-240.
- Remove sanding dust from the surface by sweeping or vacuuming.
- If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
- The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
- Apply with an Osmo Flat Brush or lint free cloth very thinly to the clean and dry wood surface along the wood grain and spread well.
- For a more subtle stained effect, apply thinly with a lint-free cloth and within 20 minutes, wipe away cleanly and evenly.
- For maintenance, simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
Please note –
- Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time and the typical smell of oil.
- For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Mahogany, Merbau etc.), we recommend applying Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. Trial application is recommended.
- Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
- Store up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly. If thickened by frost, store for 24 – 36 hours at room temperature before use.
- COVERAGE – 1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat. Coverage depends significantly on the condition of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/ sanded surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to differences in coverage
- DRYING TIME – Approx. 24 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/ 50 % rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. Ventilate well while drying
- CLEANING OF TOOLS – With Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
Health and safety
Keep out of the reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an airtight container (danger of self-ignition). The dried finish is classified as B2 (normal flammability) according to DIN 4102 regulations. Safety data sheet available on request.
Safety Data Sheets