Rustins Ring Remover 125ml is a perfect renovator for wood as it is a fine mixture of abrasives that will remove ring marks, water and heat mark damage from a wide range of wooden surfaces. For instance of lacquered, varnished and French Polished surfaces.
This product also restores the gloss and eliminates minor flaws from finishes.
How to use Rustins Ring Remover
- Shake well before use
- Pour the Rustins Ring Remover onto a lint free cloth and rub with pressure over the mark in the direction of the grain until the mark is removed.
- If the mark does not disappear apply more Ring Remover to the cloth and continue to rub this in until the mark is removed.
- Buff with a clean cloth and then we recommend to finish using our wax.
- For deeper marks the Ring remover can be applied with Priory Polishes Fine Steel Wool (Grade 0000).
- The ring remover can cause a slight shiny area once used. If you are using this on a satin or matt finish, simply use the 0000 wire wool to gently rub over the shiny area to dull it slightly. We would recommend to always finish by coating with a wax.
Please note – Always test on a small area first to ensure that it is compatible with the surface finish.
For very bad heat or water damage marks that have gone through to the finish, the only way to resolve this would be to remove the old finish by stripping the wood and then re-finishing.
If the wood is very open grained, a white deposit may be left after using the Ring Remover. Simply use a soft brush to brush out the white and then wax using a coloured bees wax.
Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
Health and Safety
This product contains gum turpentine. May produce anallergic reaction. Keep out of reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES:Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.