Fiddes Non Grain Raising Spirit Stain or ‘NGR Stain’ comes in several tints from Brown Mahogany, Light Oak, Medium Oak, Dark Oak, Jacobean, Teak and Walnut. It is quick drying and easy to use. This spirit based wood dye is used for exceptional depth of colour on all interior wood surfaces. It can also be mixed with Fiddes Shellac Polishes or Cellulose Lacquers to give further colour between coats.
How to use Fiddes Non Grain Raising Spirit Stain
- The wood needs to be clean, dry and free from any previous finish.
- To prepare the wood, sand in stages beginning with a P120 grit through to P180/240 grit abrasive, working in the direction of the grain if possible.
- Remove all traces of dust with either a vacuum or tack cloth.
- Apply with a lint free cloth in the direction of the wood grain.
- Immediately wipe away any excess with a clean absorbent cloth, again following the grain.
- Wipe evenly to obtain a uniform colour.
- One coat is usually sufficient but further coats can be applied if you wish to deepen the colour.
- If you wish to lighten the shade, it can be thinned with Methylated Spirit.
- Do not sand between coats.
Please note –
Coverage aprox. 14m² per Litre
Drying Time: 30-40 minutes at room temperature