Fiddes Nitro Stain is a penetrating oil based wood stain, perfect for application onto wooden flooring or furniture. This is ideal for use under Fiddes Hard Wax Oil and is also often used in furniture restoration. It comes in 7 tints, Light Oak, Medium Oak, Dark Oak, Ebony, Walnut, Teak and Mahogany
How to use Fiddes Nitro Stain
- Sand the wood in stages, working with a medium sandpaper ( 120 grit ), through to a medium / fine grade ( 180 –220 grit ).
- Always sand in the direction of the grain
- Remove all traces of sanding dust and test a small inconspicuous area for compatibility and colour.
- Stir the contents well before use.
- Apply with a clean, lint free cotton cloth in the direction of the wood grain.
- Take care to remove any excess stain immediately with a separate, clean absorbent cloth, again following the direction of the grain.
- To obtain a uniform colour, always wipe evenly, blending the stain over the whole surface area by exerting a degree of pressure when applying by hand.
- Leave to dry, and do not sand between coats.
- The application of additional coats will deepen the existing colour / shade.
- Drying time between coats is 6-8 hours at room temperature
Please note –
Coverage – 14 sqm per Litre ( depending on substrate and method of application )