Fiddes Light Fast Concentrate Wood Stain is extremely strong in colour and comes in seven distinctive colours, Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Orange, Red or Yellow. These water based wood dyes can be mixed with some Water Stains to make the colours more intense or can be used as a stand alone wood stain for a strong vibrant colour. The Black is often used as a base coat when ebonising wood.
How to use Fiddes Light Fast Concentrated Stain
- To wood has to be bare and unfinished.
- Sand the wood to a smooth texture in the direction of the grain.
- Remove the dust and test a small inconspicuous area to ensure you are happy with the shade.
- Apply the wood stain in the direction of the grain with a clean lint-free cloth.
- Immediately remove any surplus stain with an absorbent clean lint free cloth, again in the direction of the grain. Wipe evenly to ensure a uniform colour.
- One coat is usually enough but subsequent coats can be applied if a deeper colour is required.
Please note – Packaging may vary due to availability