Fiddes Clear Glaze is a durable high build interior varnish that comes in a Matt or Satin sheen. It is specially formulated for application onto interior wood floors, doors, skirting boards, panels and joinery around the home to enhance the natural beauty and grain of the timber. It can also be used on work surfaces like kitchen worktops. It produces a highly durable water and stain resistant finish.
How to use Fiddes Clear Glaze
- Ensure the wood is clean, dry and free from any previous finish including wax and oil.
- Fill any gaps or splits in the wood with Fiddes Wood Filler Gel
- Sand the wood with a fine grand sanding paper in the direction of the grain and remove any dust.
- Stir well before use
- Apply thinly using a natural bristled brush in the direction of the grain, in a warm well ventilated room.
- Leave to dry 6 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions.
- Stir thoroughly prior and periodically during application.
- 2 coats are recommended on hardwood and a maximum of 3 coats on softwood or more porous timber. You can de-nib between coats.
Please note –
Coverage – 14sqm per litre, depending on substrate and method of application.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the tin at all times.
Health and safety
Flammable liquid. Toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in aquatic environment. Harmful: May cause lung damage if swallowed, in case of fire use dry powder/foam/CO2. Never use water. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid release into the environment. Refer to special instructions safety data sheet. If swallowed do not induce vomiting, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Suitable protection: gloves and clothing should be worn. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN