Fiddes Transparent Polish or ‘Special Pale Polish’ has excellent self-levelling properties so is ideal for use with a French polishing brush. This pale shellac polish is ideal for use on lighter shades of wood, antique and modern furniture and wood around the home.
How to use Fiddes Transparent Polish
For a full and comprehensive guide to French polishing please see our article here.
- Ensure the wood is bare and old finishes removed.
- Fill the grain with a grain filler if necessary.
- Apply as many coats as needed to achieve the desired finish.
- Use a P320 or 400 grit abrasive to flatten off between coats.
- For a high gloss finish allow to dry fully for 7 days then burnish with Priory polishes burnishing cream.
- Finish with a coat Wax Polish to further protect and enhance the natural beauty of your wood.
Please note –
Coverage – Approx. 8 square metres per litre
Drying time – 20-30 minutes per coat
Clean tools with Methylated spirit