Rustins Grain filler is a thixotropic filler, used to achieve a smooth textured and high standard finish by filling the pores of the wood grain before polishing. It is particularly used on very open grain woods such as Mahogany, Walnut and Oak.
How to use Rustins Grain Filler
- Before use, ensure the Wood is clean, dry and free from any previous finish.
- Rustins grain filler is a paste, which can be thinned using either a white spirit or with Wood Dye if needed.
- This will help with colouring the wood as well as filling the pores of the grain before re-finishing.
- Always work on a small section at a time.
- Apply the grain filler with a clean cloth, using circular motions to work it into the pores of the grain.
- Buff off the excess straight away, across the grain and then always finish in the direction of the grain.
- Once buffed, leave overnight to fully harden before finishing.
- Once fully hardened, the surface will be ready for sealing using the desired finish, including French polish, Cellulose finish or polyurethane finish etc.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Keep out of reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Gently wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.