Fiddes Table Top Polish or ‘heat resistant polish’ is made from a mixture of Shellac powder and Melamine making it more durable. It is transparent in appearance and easy to apply but is far more resistant to marking than traditional French polish. This is ideal for dining table tops or worktops around the home.
How to use Fiddes Table Top Polish
For a full and comprehensive guide to French polishing please see our article here.
- Ensure the wood is bare and old finishes removed.
- Fill the grain with a grain filler if necessary.
- The wood can be sealed using a shellac sealer.
- Apply multiple, thin coats over a well sealed surface with a French polishing brush or polishing rubber.
- For a high gloss finish allow to dry fully for 7 days then burnish with Priory polishes burnishing cream.
- Finish with a coat Wax Polish to further protect and enhance the natural beauty of your wood.
Please note –
Coverage – Approx. 8 square metres per litre
Drying time – 20-30 minutes per coat
Clean tools with Methylated spirit