Fiddes Liming Paste is used to create a ‘white wash effect’ usually on Oak and Pine woods. Fiddes Liming paste is water based quick drying and very easy to use. It is used to create a traditional white Limed finish on woods with an open grain as the white paste sits in the pores of the wood. This can then be left for a pale finish or over-coated with a Hard wax oil, Lacquer, Wax or White Shellac polish.
How to use Fiddes Liming Paste
For a full guide on liming furniture please see our article here.
- The wood needs to be bare, clean, dry and free from any previous coatings. Strip off any old finishes with a stripper like Strypit.
- Open the grain as much as possible using a wire brush
- Apply the Liming paste liberally with a lint free cloth in circular motions, working the paste into the grain.
- Use a dry buffing cloth to remove the excess in the direction of the grain. A slightly damp cloth can be used if necessary.
- More coats can be added if required.
- Once complete, you can leave as a white wash effect or seal using a Hard wax oil, Lacquer, Wax or White Shellac polish.