Fiddes Supreme Liming Wax Polish has been formulated to create a white limed shade to stained or bare wood (especially Oak) whilst also buffing to a nice sheen. Fiddes Supreme Liming Wax creates a traditional ‘Limed wash’ finish, normally seen on period oak furniture or woodwork around country cottages. Fiddes Liming Wax works best on wood with a deep open grain, as the limed effect fills the open wood pores, to create a contrasting white tone and emphasizing the grain across the wood. Fiddes liming wax can be used on antique furniture, modern furniture, wood doors and Panelling around the home.
How to use Fiddes Supreme Liming Wax Polish
- See our helpful step by step guide on how to Lime wood here.
- Sand the wooden substrate in stages, working with a medium sandpaper (120 grit), through to a medium / fine grade (180 –220 grit).
- Always sand in the direction of the grain pattern where possible, ensuring the removal of any blemishes and glue residue prior to the application.
- Begin to open the grain with a Bronze Liming Brush (always working in the direction of the grain) and use a fair amount of pressure. The more open the grain, the better the results you will get.
- Apply liberally with a lint free cotton cloth or 0000 steel wool, working well into the grain in a circular motion. Once the surface is completely covered, rub lightly across the grain making sure the liming wax remains in the open pores.
- Leave approximately 5 minutes and buff in the direction of the grain with a soft cotton cloth.
- Finish with a coat of Clear Supreme Wax Polish to further enhance sheen level and protection.
Please note –
Coverage – 16 sqm per Litre (depending on substrate and method of application)