Liberon Garnet Polish is a high quality; dark brown stained Shellac French Polish that is used to create an aged effect on dark woods. It helps to darken the wood and hide the grain, ideal for use when restoring and polishing antique furniture. Liberon Garnet Polish can be applied with a French Polishing brush or with a rubber in accordance with traditional French Polishing techniques and is suitable for completely obscuring the grain. This is ideal if you want to produce a rich dark finish on all hardwoods such as Oak, Walnut and Mahogany timbers.
How to use Liberon Garnet Polish
For a full and comprehensive guide to French Polishing please see our article here.
1. French Polishes are best applied in a warm, clean, dry, dust-free environment.
2. Ensure you are applying on bare wood with no previous finish.
3. You can stain before coating, but ensure the wood is fully dry, before applying the polish.
5. Several coats should be applied to achieve the desired finish.
6. We usually recommend a minimum of three coats.
Always test a small area before starting any project to ensure you are happy with the colour and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
For best results always finish with a good quality Wax as this will further enhance the finish and add a layer of protection to your furniture.