Liberon Button Polish is a traditional, high quality French Polish that is golden brown in colour. Liberon Button Polish is mainly used on traditional antique furniture but is also a superb all-round polish for new wood and restoration work as it adds warmth to new pale-looking Timbers. Button Polish can be applied with a French Polishing brush or with a rubber in accordance with traditional French Polishing techniques. It is well known for covering blemishes, marks and dries to a golden brown colour.
How to use Liberon Button Polish
For a full and comprehensive guide to French polishing please see our article here.
1. French polishes are best applied in a warm, clean, dry, dust-free environment.
3. Several coats should be applied to achieve the desired finish.
4. We usually recommend a minimum of three coats but could be many more for the desired finish.
5. When applying, allow to dry between coats.
5. The more coats applied, will leave you with a warmer colour.
6. If the polish becomes sticky, you can use a small amount of linseed oil to help apply but please study the guide in the link for advice on this.
Always test a small area before starting any project to ensure you are happy with the colour and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
For best results always finish with a good quality Wax Finish as this will further enhance the finish and add a layer of protection to your furniture.
When not in use keep in a cool dry place.