Liberon Raw Linseed Oil is a traditional oil in the purest form, for nourishing and protecting mainly exterior woods. Liberon Raw Linseed Oil is a hard wearing finish that gives a mellow, finish and is suitable for use on hard or close grained wood. It is Ideal for oiling sports equipment like cricket bats, hockey sticks and baseball bats. It can be used on outdoor garden furniture and is commonly used in the restoration trade as a traditional lubricant in French polishing. It can also be added to putty to help keep it soft and protect from the elements.
How to use Liberon Raw Linseed Oil
1. Ensure the surface to be treated is clean and dry and free from dust.
2. Any previous finish must be thoroughly removed before using Raw Linseed Oil.
3. Shake the can well before use. For ease of application you can dilute the first few coats with up to 30% of Pure Turpentine.
4. Rub the Liberon Raw Linseed Oil well into the wood using a lint-free cotton cloth.
5. After around 30 minutes, wipe off the excess with a clean lint-free cloth. Failure to do so will prevent penetration of future coats and leave a sticky surface. Leave for several days between coats to allow drying.
6. For best results lightly rub between coats with Ultra Fine Steel Wool (Grade 0000).
7. The final coat must be with undiluted Raw Linseed Oil, again wiping off any excess. Allow this final coat to harden for several days before use.
8. A minimum of three coats is recommended.
Please note –
To get an indication of how the wood will look once oiled, test a similar piece of wood or discrete area by applying a wet cloth to the bare wood.
To maintain, wipe the surface with a damp cloth and buff dry. Re-oil as and when required, depending upon usage.
Store Liberon Raw Linseed Oil in temperatures above 5°C. Always replace the lid when not in use. Oily cloths can self-combust so do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles. Before discarding the cloths lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard. If the excess is not removed and the surface becomes sticky, wipe with white spirit to remove the sticky film and allow drying fully before continuing.