Briwax Quick Dry Hard Wax Oil is water based and quick drying. It is a blend of castor oil, that dries to a hard, durable, transparent finish, resistant to stains, alcohol and water. It is used on bare wood, hardboard, MDF, unsealed cork, concrete, stone, unsealed quarry and terracotta tiles. For Interior use only. It is Low odour, Non-yellowing on ageing and quick-drying. Generally, has very little effect on the colour of the timber it is applied to. Bare wood may be dyed before coating with a water based Wood Dye.
How to use Briwax Quick Dry Hard Wax Oil
- Shake well before use.
- surface must be clean, smooth, dry and free from wax, dust and contaminants.
- Using a lint free cloth, synthetic brush or varnish roller, apply evenly and liberally, finishing in the direction of the grain and wipe of the excess.
- Apply 3 coats according to the coverage rate.
- More absorbent surfaces or commercial premises may require 4 coats.
- Drying Time is typically 2 hours for oil to be completely absorbed
Important: If there is any grain raising after the 1st coat has dried, lightly sand the surface smooth before applying the next coat.
Do not apply Knotting or Sanding Sealer
Store in cool dry area
Application Temperature is ideally 15-25ºC.
Do not apply below 10 deg.
Coverage Approx. 20-30 sq. metres per litre depending on the absorbency of the wood
Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
Always test in a small inconspicuous area first to ensure you are happy with the results.
Clean up with warm water and detergent
Periodic re-oiling and waxing is required.
Health and Safety
Keep out of reach of children. After skin contact, wash immediately with soap and water. In case of eye contact copiously wash eyes immediately with water and seek medical advice.