Fiddes Ultra Raw Hard Wax Oil has all the benefits and durability of their hard wax oil range but this offers a more natural, Matt, untreated appearance so ideal for lighter woods. Fiddes Ultra Raw hard wax oil offers a durable finish that is ideal for use on wood furniture floors, doors, skirting boards Kitchen worktops and interior wood around the home. It is scratch, scuff, dirt, stain and liquid resistant and the final finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister.
How to use Fiddes Ultra Raw Hard Wax Oil
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry, and free from any previous finish.
- Sand the wood with a fine 150 grade sanding paper in the direction of the grain of the wood.
- Removing all traces of dust before application.
- Stir the hard wax oil thoroughly before and during use, and apply in a warm, well ventilated room.
- Apply evenly using a good quality bristle or synthetic brush, following the direction of the grain.
- Always wipe away any excess oil with a lint free cloth.
- Stir frequently whilst using the oil.
- Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
- Apply a second coat in the same manor and leave to fully dry.
- When the area is completely dry, a light buff will further enhance sheen level.
Please note –
Clean applicators with White Spirit.
Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application.
Always test on a small area prior to initial application.
No primer required. Maximum 2 coats recommended.
Apply at room temperature.
Fiddes Hard Wax Oil is formulated for application directly and does not require thinning.
Coverage – A single application will cover approximately 20-24 square meters per litre, depending on the density of the substrate.