Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid – Tints is a quick drying hard wax oil that comes in Satin or Matt finish. Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid Tints is ideal for the protection of all wooden floors, cork flooring and wood furniture. This Professional, fast drying, tinted wood finish combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes to create a stain-resistant, water-repellent smooth finish. It is simple application with no primer or sanding between coats needed. Suitable for wood; the micro-porous surface will not crack, peel, flake or blister. The finial finish is resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water. The dry coating is safe for humans, animals and plants.
How to use Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid Tints
1. Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
2. Osmo Polyx-Oil Rapid Tints is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
3. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints, varnishes and lacquers must be completely removed.
4. Always wear a dust mask while sanding. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler). Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarsesandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150,for furniture P180-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum cleaner.
5. The finished surface and the product coverage are influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is alwaysrequired, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
6. Apply with Osmo Flat Brush, Microfibre Roller or Floor Brush
7. Apply thinly and evenly to the clean and drywood along the wood grain and spread well within 10-15 minutes.
8. Allow to dry for approx. 4-5 hours under good ventilation.
9. After drying, apply a second coat also thinly and quickly.
10. When renovating or re-coating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Please note –
Cleaning of tools: With Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying.
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
For cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied especially thinly. On cork, longer drying times are to be taken into consideration (at least 6-8 hours). Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth. Wood surfaces treated with Polyx Oil Rapid are easy to maintain.
To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) mop. To refresh and clean intensively, use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner when necessary.
If a higher gloss level is desired, after thoroughly drying apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner thinly and polish when dry.
Drying time: Approx. 4-5 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/ 50 % rel. humidity). Ventilate well while drying. Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity may increase drying times.
Coverage: Product coverage for 1 coat is 24 m²/1 l. It depends significantly on the character of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/cut surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to deviations in coverage.
Disposal: Dispose of product residuals and completely emptied containers according to the local official guidelines (EU-waste code key number 08 01 11*). Only fully emptied containers can be recycled.
Storage: 5 years and longer if stored in the closed original can. If thickened by frost, store at room temperature for 24 hours prior to use.
Health and Safety
Flammable liquid and vapour. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat/open flames. No smoking. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an airtight container (danger of self-ignition). The dried finish is classified as B2 (normal flammability) according to DIN 4102 regulations.
Ingredients: Based on natural plant oils (sunflower oil, soybean oil, thistle oil) and waxes, paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzenefree). EU limit value for this product (cat. A/i): 500 g/l VOC (2010). This product contains max. 500 g/l VOC. Detailed declaration of ingredients available upon request.
Safety Data Sheets