Osmo Maintenance oil is a Clear or transparent, fast drying wood finish for the initial and routine care of oiled/waxed wooden floors. You can revive dull and matt flooring by applying Maintenance Oil and this avoids time-consuming sanding and renovation. Also suitable for changing the gloss level of intact surfaces treated with Osmo Polyx Oil. Osmo Maintenance Oil is ideal for the maintenance of all wooden flooring treated with Polyx Oil, such as solid wood, plank, parquet, strip, OSB and cork flooring, as well as stairs and furniture surfaces. Highly recommended for public interiors (e.g. restaurants, museums and other high traffic floors). The micro-porous surface will not crack, peel, flake or blister. It is resistant against wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water in accordance with German DIN 68861-1A – no water spots. The dry finish is safe for humans, animals and plants (resistant to saliva and perspiration acc. German DIN 53160, suitable for children’s toys acc. EN 71.3).
How to use Osmo Maintenance Oil
- Wood surface must be clean, dry (moisture content max. 18 %) and free of dust.
- Osmo Maintenance Oil is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
- Clean the surface thoroughly with Osmo Intensive Cleaner and rinse (damp mopping) with clear water.
- The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
- Apply with Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and rub into the wood with a white pad (do not rub in 3098).
- Remove excess product.
- For smaller areas, Osmo Maintenance Oil can be applied with a lint-free cloth. Allow for good ventilation while drying.
3081 Clear Satin
STORAGE Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly. If thickened by frost, store for 24-36 hours at room temperature before use.
Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
INGREDIENTS Based on natural plant oils and waxes (sunflower oil, soya oil, thistle oil, carnauba wax and candelilla wax), paraffin, titanium dioxide white pigment, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzene-free). VOC classification in compliance with EU regulations (2004/42/EC): out of scope. Detailed declaration of ingredients available upon request.
TECHNICAL DATA Specific gravity: 0.85-0.95 g/cm³ Viscosity: 40-60s DIN 53211/3 mm Odour: faint/mild, after drying odourless Flash point: >60°C acc. DIN EN ISO 2719
Safety Data Sheets