Liberon High Resistance Floor Varnish provides exceptional protection for wood floors and a superior resistance to high foot traffic. It is particularly suited to rooms that are in constant use such as hallways, dining rooms, lounges and stairs. High Resistance Varnish offers a durable, high quality finish within 24 hours. Its low odour formula and non-slip finish make it ideal for use in the family home.
How to use Liberon High Resistance Floor Varnish
1. Sand the floor if required and remove all previous finishes.
2. Ensure the surface is clean, dry and dust free.
3. If you want to colour the wood you can apply Liberon Palette Wood Dye to the timber before varnishing. Liberon Palette Wood Dye is available in a range of wood shades. Allow all wood dyes to dry for a minimum of 8 hours before applying High Resistance Varnish.
4. Stir well before use.
5. Apply High Resistance Varnish evenly with a brush or short hair roller. Apply varnish plank by plank while facing the sunlight. Start in the corner of the room and work back towards the door. Ideal application conditions are between 12 and 25°C.
6. Allow to dry for a minimum of 6 hours before applying further coats, lightly sanding the surface between coats if required.
7. We recommend a minimum of 3 coats are applied. More coats can be applied
for a more durable finish or where foot traffic is particularly heavy.
8. Allow the final coat of varnish a minimum of 24 hours drying time before using the floor.
Please Note – Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour compatibility and end result. A wet surface will be an indication of the final colour.
Wipe any spills immediately. For general maintenance wipe over with a damp mop or cloth using a mild detergent if required. If the surface shows signs of wear re-apply a coat of varnish or coat with Liberon Wood Floor Reviver. The varnish may raise the grain on some hard woods and may darken some types of timber.
Each 750 ml of High Resistance Floor Varnish will cover approximately 10-12 m2
Clean brushes using White Spirit
Health and Safety
Flammable. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not empty to drains. Use only in well-ventilated areas. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting; seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Contains cobalt compound and methyl ethyl ketoxime. May produce an allergic reaction. VOC Information – EU limit value for High Resistance Varnish (Cat A/I): 600 g/L (2007). High Resistance Varnish contains Max 538 g/L VOC.