Liberon Superior Decking Stain comes in six different shades. This decking stain is a versatile, high performance product to keep your decking looking in good condition. It delivers a reinforced protection along with an outstanding finish that offers water and UV resistance along with an anti-slip surface. The Biosourced formula based on vegetable oils and modified bio-based resins reduces environ-mental impact.
How to use Liberon Superior Decking Stain
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from previous finishes and dust. Lightly sand new wood and clean old wood with Liberon Tough Deck Clean and Revive.
- On Hardwoods, It is recommended to leave the wood exposed for up to 12 months before applying this product. This allows the grain in the wood to open and breathe and aids adhesion of the product.
- Apply the decking oil in temperatures between 12°C and 25°C in dry weather.
- Stir very well before use to mix all the ingredients in the tin.
- Ensure the weather conditions will be dry for 24 hours before application.
- Apply a not too thick coat of Superior Decking Stain with a paint brush or roller.
- Allow to dry for 2 hours then apply a second coat.
- Any un-absorbed product remaining on the surface should be evened out with a brush to avoid unsightly marks.
- Leave to dry for at least 24 hours before use.
- For general maintenance clean with water.
- Every season, we recommend applying a further coat of Superior Decking Stain if necessary.
Please note –
- Risk of self-combustion. Wet with water any textiles or tools soiled with the product and dispose of them in a tightly closed container.
- Remove as much of the oil as possible from the tools after use. Do not dispose of residues and washing water/solvents in the sink, toilet, sewer, bin, in order to avoid discharge into the environment.
- Always replace the lid otherwise the product can deteriorate.
- May not be suitable for some foreign hardwoods, test first on an inconspicuous area.
- In the event of local wear or accidents (scratches, burns etc.), sand locally with fine grain sandpaper, dust off, then apply the oil with a brush. Repeat the operation after 12 hours if necessary
- Clean Tools with Water
- Approximate Coverage: 5L=60m2
- Approximate Coverage: 2.5L=30m2