Osmo Garden Furniture Oil protects, maintains and improves the appearance of garden furniture made of Teak and other hardwoods – in covered outdoor areas. It is also well-suited for the clear treatment of garden furniture and other similarly used surfaces.
How to Use Osmo Garden Furniture Oil
- Wood species with a high content of natural wood extractives need to weather off (min. 4 weeks) before the initial treatment or be cleaned with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser).
- Resinous wood, such as Larch or Douglas Fir, needs to weather off for at least 6 weeks.
- Pressure impregnated wood, Massaranduba, Bangkirai or Garapa need to weather off for at least 3 months.
- De-grey any already greyed wood with Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel before applying Osmo Garden Furniture Oil.
- Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%). Osmo Garden Furniture Oil is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
- Thoroughly clean or lightly sand old micro-porous stains or completely remove old varnishes before application. Always wear a dust mask while sanding.
- If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation. If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insect attack is desired, pre-treat the wood, if possible on all sides, with Osmo WR Impregnation.
- The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
- Apply with an Osmo Flat Brush thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood surface. and always work with wood grain. Ventilate well while drying.
- Then apply the second coat – also thinly for the final application.
Please note –
1 coat is 24 m²/l. It depends significantly on the character of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/cut surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to deviations in coverage.
Drying time: Approx. 12 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/ 50 % rel. humidity). Ventilate well while drying. Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity may increase drying times. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
Osmo Garden Furniture Oil is clear; therefore it offers no UV protection (greying). Due to their surface properties, ribbed or rough saw wood surfaces absorb more product. Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally
Dispose of leftover product and completely emptied packaging according to local official guidelines (waste code number 08 01 12). Only completely emptied cans can be recycled
Health and Safety
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an airtight container (danger of self-ignition). The dried finish is classified as B2 (normal flammability) according to DIN 4102 regulations.
Ingredients: Based on natural plant oils (sunflower oil and soybean oil), iron oxide and organic pigments, siccatives (drying agents) and water repellent additives. Volatile components: dearomatized white spirit (benzenefree). VOC limit according to EU-regulation (2004/42/ EC): out of scope. Detailed declaration of ingredients available upon request.
Safety Data Sheets