Hammerite Smooth Metal Paint, also known as Smoothrite offer a smooth gloss finish which will retain its sheen for many years. This metal paint offers a durable, corrosion resistant decorative finish used on ferrous and non-ferrous metals. It can be applied directly to rust and is extremely good at weather resistance. No need for primer or undercoat and is often used on exterior metal garage doors, metal gates or railings and much more to create a sleek decorative finish.
We offer a variety of colours from Black, Blue, Cream, Dark Green, Gold, Silver or White.
The smooth metal paint creates a sleek, even coating but for a more textured finish please see Hammerite Hammered Metal Paint.
How to use Hammerite Smooth Metal Paint
- Remove all loose rust and flaking paint from the metal using a wire brush.
- If the metal was already painted, wash down thoroughly with diluted detergent, rinse with clean water and allow to dry.
- To ensure compatibility, apply a small test patch of Hammerite Smooth Metal Paint to the painted surface. Any reaction will occur within an hour.
- If a reaction is evident, remove all paint then wash down with de-greaser. Rinse with clean water and allow to dry.
- If the objects are made from bare zinc, aluminium or galvanized metal use Hammerite Direct to Galvanised Metal Paint.
- For smooth metal surfaces, lightly abrade for maximum adhesion.
- Cover the surface beneath the metal object with thick newspaper or a dust sheet to catch any spills or drips.
- Stir the paint thoroughly before use.
- Apply with a good quality brush. A narrow brush is best for use on railings.
- Apply two thin coats of Hammerite Metal Paint for the best results, leaving to dry in between coats.
Please note –
Coverage – Approximately 5 sq m per litre
Durability – 8 Year Protection
Re-paintable after 4 hours