Hammerite Ultima comes in either Matt or a smooth finish in three different shades, Black, Dark Grey or white. Hammerite Ultima is a Water Based metal paint specially formulated to be applied direct to rust or any type of metal without using a primer. It provides a highly durable decorative finish that can last up to 12 years. It is suitable for gates, railings, garden furniture and all outdoor metal surfaces. It can protect the metal for up to 12 years and can be applied direct to rust. This quick drying metal paint can be second coated after 4 hours.
Hammerite Ultima creates a tough barrier which keeps water and oxygen away from the substrate, preventing rust to form with its unique acrylic technology. It can be easily applied to any metal (steel, galvanized steel, zinc, brass). This unique formulation ensures that the colour stays beautiful for longer thanks to its improved UV resistance.
How to use Hammerite Ultima
- Sand the metal surface with coarse sandpaper or wire brush to remove loose rust particles, flaking paint or factory treatments.
- To guarantee perfect adhesion remove dirt, (sand)-dust and degrease where necessary with suitable oil and grease remover.
- For bare smooth metal surfaces, lightly abrade for maximum adhesion.
- In case of new galvanized steel, let the surface weather until it’s dull. Start thereafter with step 1.
- Product is ready to use, no dilution needed.
- Stir before using.
- To ensure full weather protection against rust, evenly apply a minimum of 2 layers of Hammerite Ultima with a spreading rate of 7.5 m2/L. Ensure edges and corners are well protected.
- Once the product has been applied, remove product excess from tools.
- Clean tools with soapy water.
- Store in a dry place between 5°C and 35 °C.
Please note –
Coverage- approximately 7.5 m2/L
Durability – up to 12 years protection
Re-paintable after 4 hours