Jade Oil is a protective oil to displace humidity and moisture from Metal surfaces. It will minimise tarnishing by depositing a thin protective oil film over the metal surface. This is ideal for use after using our Metal Antiquing Patination Fluid.
How to use Rustins Jade Oil.
- The surface must be clean and dry.
- Using a mild detergent with water, clean the metal thoroughly.
- Completely dry using a clean soft cloth.
- Shake the Jade oil well before use
- Do not dilute this product.
- Using a clean soft cloth or brush apply a liberal coat of Jade Oil. Larger areas can be sprayed.
- If the surface has already been previously coated, it is advisable to test a small area for compatibility.
- Allow to dry for the minimum of 24 hours before handling.
- One coat is sufficient, but extra coats may be applied if required.
Please note –
Do not use below 10 degrees Celcius.
1 litre covers approximately 16-20 square metres per coat.
Remove excess product from brushes before cleaning whilst wet with white spirit or Rustins Brush Cleaner. Hard brushes can be cleaned with Rustins Brush Restorer. Rags used for oiling must be laid out flat to dry or destroyed, otherwise they may catch fire due to spontaneous combustion. To dispose, some local authorities have special facilities for disposal of waste. Do not empty product into drains or water courses.
Store in a cool dry place with lid tightly closed.
Always test in a small inconspicuous area first to ensure you are happy with the results.
Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
Health and Safety
Flammable liquid and vapour. May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Use explosion-proofel ectrical /ventilating/ lighting equipment. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. In case of fire: Use dry chemical powder. Carbon dioxide (CO2). Alcohol resistant foam for extinction.