Priory Polishes Lead and Pewter Antiquing Fluid Produces a grey / black coating on Lead, Lead Free Pewter, Silver & Tin. This is ideal for ageing new lead when doing glass work or for ageing Pewter to give it an antique look.
How to use Lead and Pewter Antiquing Fluid
- Remove any metal lacquer or previous finish using a paint stripper first.
- Thoroughly remove and clean any grease or oil, including fingerprints and wipe dry.
- Proper preparation of the surface is essential.
- Dilute the Antiquing Fluid with 10 parts water and fully immerse or apply directly from the bottle.
- Soak for approximately 1 – 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean running water and leave until fully dry.
- After treating with Antiquing Fluid apply a coat of Protective Priory Polishes Jade Oil to remove any remaining moisture and to fix the colour.
- Alternatively Priory polishes wax finish can be used.
- We also offer Antiquing Patination Fluid in a Brown or Black for Brass Copper, or Bronze.