Rustins Strypit 500ml or 1 Litre, Paint and Varnish Stripper is a new formula that is non-caustic, dichloromethane-free in a gel that is suitable for removing multiple coats of paints and varnishes. It can be used for removing paint, varnish, cellulose, polyurethane, emulsion, French Polish, lacquer and textured finishes from wood, metal, glass or plaster. It is free from acid, caustic and is water or solvent washable
How to use Rustins Strypit
- Ensure suitable safety protection (PPE) is worn prior to commencing job and always wear protective gloves. Shake well before use.
- Brush on a thin coat of Strypit to provide a “key”.
- Dab on a second application liberally after 10 minutes.
- Test with your stripping knife before scraping to ensure the paint is completely penetrated.
- Do not allow the surface to dry completely, always ensure the surface is damp with stripper.
- Apply a second liberal coat and ensure that this is worked into the blistered, softened paint.
- Leave for further 35 to 40 minutes.
- The paint or varnish should now be free from the surface and easy to remove. If not apply more Strypit.
- On curved surfaces or mouldings use a wire brush or steel wool.
- Apply 2 or more liberal applications depending on finish and substrate.
- On old paint or very heavy applications Strypit can be left on longer to maximise application.
- After stripping, wooden surfaces should be rubbed with the grain with grade 2 or grade 3 steel wool and white spirit and then wiped with a clean rag. On all other surfaces wipe with a clean rag and water. Water can be used on wooden surfaces, but would cause the grain to swell.
Do not allow surface to dry during stripping. Apply more product if necessary.
For use, ideally 15-25°C.
Clean brushes using White Spirit or water.
Should not be used on certain plastics or fibre glass.
Always test in a small inconspicuous area first to ensure you are happy with the results.
Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
1 litre will remove approximately 5 square meters.
Health and Safety
Highly Flammable. Keep away from all source of ignition – NO SMOKING. Keep out of reach of children. Do not breathe vapour. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. After contact with skin wash immediately with plenty of water. Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves