Hammerite Metal Paint comes with a Direct to Rust formulation so ideal for protecting and renovating a multitude of metal surfaces on interior or exterior metals. This special offer of Hammerite Metal Paint 750ML comes with an additional 33% Extra Free!
We offer this in a Hammered or Smooth finish in Black or Silver colours. For all other shades please see our other listings on our Hammerite category.
This special offer is for a limited time only.
How to use Hammerite Metal Paint 750ML + 33% Extra Free
- Remove all loose rust and flaking paint from the metal using a wire brush.
- If the metal was already painted, wash down thoroughly with diluted detergent, rinse with clean water and allow to dry.
- To ensure compatibility, apply a small test patch of Hammerite Hammered Metal Paint to the painted surface. Any reaction will occur within an hour.
- If a reaction is evident, remove all paint then wash down with de-greaser. Rinse with clean water and allow to dry.
- If the objects are made from bare zinc, aluminium or galvanized metal use Hammerite Direct to Galvanised Metal Paint.
- For smooth metal surfaces, lightly abrade for maximum adhesion.
- Cover the surface beneath the metal object with thick newspaper or a dust sheet to catch any spills or drips.
- Stir the paint thoroughly before use.
- Apply with a good quality brush. A narrow brush is best for use on railings.
- Apply two thin coats of Hammerite Metal Paint for the best results, leaving to dry in between coats.
Please note –
Coverage – Approximately 5 sq m per litre
Durability – 8 Year Protection
Re-paintable after 4 hours