Hammerite Hammered Metal Paint is a direct to Rust, Metal Paint in a hammered Finish. This durable, corrosion resistant decorative metal paint is used on ferrous and non-ferrous metals. The decorative hammered appearance is smooth to the touch and repels water extremely well with no need for primer or undercoat. It is used on metal doors, metal garden furniture, metal gates and Railings. We offer a variety of colours from Black, Blue, Copper, Dark Green, Silver or White.
The hammered finish creates a textured look similar hammered metal but if you prefer a smoother finish, please see our Hammerite Smooth Metal Paint.
How to use Hammerite Hammered Metal Paint
- Remove all loose rust and flaking paint from the metal using a wire brush.
- If the metal was already painted, wash down thoroughly with diluted detergent, rinse with clean water and allow to dry.
- To ensure compatibility, apply a small test patch of Hammerite Hammered Metal Paint to the painted surface. Any reaction will occur within an hour.
- If a reaction is evident, remove all paint then wash down with de-greaser. Rinse with clean water and allow to dry.
- If the objects are made from bare zinc, aluminium or galvanized metal use Hammerite Direct to Galvanised Metal Paint.
- For smooth metal surfaces, lightly abrade for maximum adhesion.
- Cover the surface beneath the metal object with thick newspaper or a dust sheet to catch any spills or drips.
- Stir the paint thoroughly before use.
- Apply with a good quality brush. A narrow brush is best for use on railings.
- Apply two thin coats of Hammerite Metal Paint for the best results, leaving to dry in between coats.
Please note –
Coverage – Approximately 5 sq m per litre
Durability – 8 Year Protection
Re-paintable after 4 hours