Hammerite Aerosol Metal Paint comes in a smooth finish in many different shades. It offers a glossy, smooth finish. It can be spayed direct to Rust and perform as primer, undercoat and topcoat in one. Using an aerosol metal paint is an easy way to protect and revive your metal as it dries very quickly and is easy to use. It is available in Black, Red, Dark Green, Gold, Yellow, Blue, Silver or White.
How to use Hammerite Aerosol Metal Paint
- Abrade smooth surfaces and remove all loose and flaking paint with a wire brush. Remove dirt and dust with diluted detergent.
- Remove grease with Hammerite Brush Cleaner & Thinners. Then rinse with clean water and allow time to dry.
- Spray a test patch of Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint onto painted surfaces and leave for 1 hour.
- If there is no reaction apply Hammerite Aerosol Metal Paint directly to surface.
- If there is a reaction remove all paint before applying the Metal Paint.
- On bare zinc, aluminium and galvanised surfaces, apply Hammerite Special Metals Primer before applying Hammerite Aerosol Metal Paint.
- Store aerosol at room temperature for 2 hours prior to use.
- Shake can vigorously, in a vertical motion, until the agitator ball is heard and then for a further 3 minutes.
- Apply light even coats, from a distance of approximately 15cm (6 inches) and keep the aerosol moving. Do NOT concentrate spray in one spot.
- Apply 3-4 coats for maximum protection and allow 15 minutes between coats.
- Between coats invert can and spray for 2 seconds to avoid blockages.
- Touch dry 15 minutes, re-coat after 15 minutes.
Please note –
Coverage approximately – 400ml covers up to 0.5m²
Re-paintable after 15 minutes