Rustins Woodworm Killer 500ml is a low odour, deep penetrating treatment. It is a ready to use water based product and is effective against a wide range of wood boring insects, i.e. woodworm. It treats and eradicates woodworm and prevents re-infestationand is used as a preventative treatment of bare wood against wood boring beetles and termites. It is also for curative treatment against wood boring beetles. Authorisation is for use class 1 in which the wood-based product is under cover and nor exposed to weather and wetting. Interior use only.
How to use Rustins Woodworm Killer
- Ensure that timber surfaces are clean and free from previous coatings, grease and contaminants.
- Surfaces may be damp but Rustins Woodworm Killer should not be applied to decayed wood which should be replaced.
- Shake well before use.
- Apply by brush or low pressure spray.
- Apply 2 coats for optimum effectiveness.
- Leave for 10 – 15 minutes depending on temperature and humidity between coats.
- It is important that the second application is applied before the first is dry.
- The ideal temperature to apply is 15 – 25°C. Do not apply below 10°C.
- Re-apply approximately once every 5 years for full protection.
Please note –
Always test in a small inconspicuous area first to ensure you are happy with the results.
Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
Coverage For preventative use apply at 5 sq. metres/litre per coat. For curative use apply at 3.3 sq. metres/litre depending on absorbency of the surface.
Not compatible with previous coatings, grease and contaminants.
Clean equipment with water.
Health and safety
Contains Permethrin 2.5g/L [52645-53-1], 1-2-Benzisothiazol–2(3H)-one [2634-33-5], Alcohols (C9-11), Ethoxylated [68439-3] Very toxic to aquatic organisms with long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment. Keep out of reach of children and pets. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water. Wear protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.