Rustins Two-Part Professional Wood Filler is ideal for tougher repairs to practically any wood. It provides a strong long lasting repair for all interior and exterior wood work. It hardens within 30 minutes and is easy to sand ready for staining or painting. Once fully hardened, it can be sanded and drilled, ideal for repairs in restoration.
How to use Rustins Two-Part Professional Wood Filler
- The surface must be clean, dry and free of all traces of oil, grease and dust.
- key up the surface by lightly sanding with a medium grade of sandpaper.
- Assess the repair that this is being carried out, to work out how much filler is needed. It is best to work on a small area at a time as the filler will dry in around 6 minutes once mixed with the hardener.
- Stir the filler before use.
- Mix the suitable amount of filler with the hardener on a non-porous surface. Use the ratio of, a golf ball size amount of filler to a pea size amount of hardener.
- Mix thoroughly until an even colour is obtained.
- Apply using the applicator provided or a plastic scraper.
- Apply sufficient filler so that it is proud of the surface, this will allow a smooth surface when
- For deep filling, build the filler up in layers and sand between.
- Once fully cured and after sanding, most paints, varnishes and wood stains can be applied.
Please note –
The filler may accept a stain differently to the wood so a test area should be checked to assess the suitability prior to final application.
All tools must be cleaned immediately after use with Rustins Cellulose Thinners before the product has set hard.
The shelf life of the product is approximately 18 months if stored under the recommended conditions.
Store in a cool dry place with the lid tightly closed below 25 degrees centigrade. Protect from frost.
Always test in a small inconspicuous area first to ensure you are happy with the results.
Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
FLAMMABLE. Harmful by inhalation. Contains Styrene. Do not breathe vapour. Keep out of reach of children. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection. Dibenzoyl Peroxide Paste Irritating to eyes. May cause skin sensitization by skin contact.