Old White Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan is a soft off white shade that works on any piece of furniture. I think this works particularly well on top of darker shades and worn through. It is chalk and Gesso, with no pink or yellow so can also be used lighten colours of other Chalk Paint my mixing together. You can use Old White as a top coat over the top of Paris Grey for the ideal ‘French look’ or this shade can also be used to make a white wash effect in the grain of the wood.
- For best results apply the paint with either a chalk paint brush or flat brush.
- Once you have finished painting, we always recommend using either an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Wax or chalk paint Lacquer to seal and finish. Apply with a wax brush or soft cloth.
- You can use a Sanding pad to smooth the paint or create an aged effect.
- Please be aware that the colour shades may look different on your computer screen to real life. For a true representative we strongly advise to use the hand painted colour card.
- We offer all paints in either a 120 ml tester pot or 1 litre tins.
- A one litre tin will cover approximately 13 square metres.
- For hints and tips please see our article on ‘how to chalk paint furniture’