Chalk paint wax by Annie Sloan comes in four different shades from Clear, White, Dark to Black to create different effects.
Clear Wax is used to seal and protect furniture without changing the colour of the finish too much. This wax will enhance the depth of colour and gives a beautiful mellow sheen or can be buffed to a high sheen with further coats.
Black Wax will give a decorative dark finish to your painted piece. It will enhance the texture in brushwork and mouldings by adding a patina look into the grain. It will also darken the colour of the finished chalk paint.
Dark Wax will offer an antique aged finish to your painted piece. It will emphasise the brush marks and texture.
White Wax will soften and lighten colours. It can also be applied directly onto unfinished wood to create a limed wash look.
- For best results apply the paint with either a chalk paint brush or flat brush.
- Once you have finished painting, we always recommend using either an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Wax or chalk paint Lacquer to seal and finish. Apply with a wax brush or soft cloth.
- You can use a Sanding pad to smooth the paint or create an aged effect.
- Please be aware that the colour shades may look different on your computer screen to real life. For a true representative we strongly advise to use the hand painted colour card.
- We offer all paints in either a 120 ml tester pot or 1 litre tins.
- A one litre tin will cover approximately 13 square metres.
- For hints and tips please see our article on ‘how to chalk paint furniture’