Antiquax Brown Wax polish is a traditional solid nourishing wax providing a hard-wearing sheen to craftsman standards. It can be used on all types of sealed wooden surfaces, particularly on fine and antique furniture. The formulation is specially designed to protect and nourish different types of woods, particularly suited for dark woods such as Mahogany, Dark Oak, and is compatible with all types of timber finishes. The Wax is quick drying and can be re-applied in just minutes.
How to use Antiquax Brown Wax
- The furniture must be clean and dry before use.
- Antiquax Brown Wax Polish can be used on previously waxed surfaces but for best results initially clean the surface with Priory polishes polish reviver.
- If applying to unsealed wood, timber should be sealed with a sanding sealer first.
- Apply the wax sparingly with a soft cloth working into and along the grain.
- Allow to dry to a haze
- Buff off the polish with a clean lint free soft cloth, again working along the grain to reveal the sheen.
- Repeat regularly to develop a fine patina and enhance the grain.
- One coat is usually sufficient but a second coat can be to obtain a higher sheen
For finished wood, please see
For unfinished wood, please see
Store in cool dry area.
Application Temp. Ideally 15-25ºC.
Clean hands and application cloths in warm soapy water.
Always test in a small inconspicuous area first to ensure you are happy with the results.
Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
Health and Safety
Flammable. Keep out of reach of children. Keep container tightly closed. Keep away from all sources of ignition. No smoking.