Antiquax Original Wax Polish is a very high quality, traditional polish. It is made with premium performance waxes, carnauba and beeswax that has been reinforced with a blend of hydrocarbon waxes. This aids easy application and improves durability. It is used for regular use on all fine natural woods and especially antique furniture. It provides a long lasting durable wax finish with soft mellow sheen to enhance grain and patina. As it is silicone free, it resists dust and fingerprinting.
How to use Antiquax Original Wax Polish
- The surface must be clean and dry.
- Antiquax Original Wax Polish can be used on previously finished surfaces. For best results initially clean the surface with Priory polishes polish reviver.
- Apply sparingly, using a soft lint free cloth, in a circular motion.
- Work well into the grain and allow to dry to a light haze.
- Remove by polishing in a circular motion using a clean dry cloth.
- One coat is usually sufficient but a second coat may be applied to obtain a higher sheen. You can apply a second coat after a few minutes but always buff between coats.
The application temperature is ideally 15-25ºC
Re-apply when necessary.
Compatible with most timber finishes. If in doubt, check on an inconspicuous test area first.
For best results and to prevent a blotchy appearance, timber should be previously sealed with a varnish, oil or sanding sealer.
It can be stored for a very long time, if stored in original sealed container in a cool dry place.
Clean-Up Hands and application cloths can be cleaned in warn soapy water.
Health and safety
Flammable. Keep away from children. Keep container tightly closed. Keep away from all sources of ignition. No smoking.